3330 Oakwell Court, Suite 1208
San Antonio, TX 78218.
210.804.0011 – info@stokeslawoffice.com
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
The use of this form for communication with the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form

This post is also available in: Spanish, Portuguese

Florida Agricultural Products & Licensing Law

Products Covered

Broader than PACA as it covers all agricultural products produced in Florida, including products as diverse as fruits and vegetables, cattle, hay, Christmas trees, wool, maple syrup, but excluding eggs, timber and dairy.

Who is Protected?

Florida based producers or growers agents dealing in produce grown in Florida.

Who is subject to the law?

Any Florida based receiver of any of the covered agricultural products and any producer who acquires product from other producers or their agents.

Claims Period

Claims must be filed within six months of date of sale.

Where are Claims Filed?

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Bureau of Agricultural Dealer’s Licenses.

Is there a Bond Requirement?

Yes, licensees must be bonded and the bond amount varies from $5,000 to $100,000 depending on the volume of Florida products handled.  The bond is assigned to the Commissioner of Agriculture and is administered by the Department of Agriculture.

Search for Licensed Dealers in Florida